Email is the abbreviation for electronic mail. It has two
different spellings: with and without a dash. The first variant is used in
journalism while another one is more common for technical sphere. Electronic
mail is the way of composing, sending, storing and receiving messages through
electronic communication systems. Email can be sent and received as over
Internet email system based on the SMTP so as over intranet systems.
It can be said that the whole Internet was created with the help of email,
which was one of the most important tools. In 1971 the @ sign was initiated by
Ray Tomlison to separate the names of the user and the machine in ARPANET
computer network. Before he used this invention, users could only send emails to
those on single machine.
Email marketing is based on sending emails to promote different
goods and other interesting proposes. Email marketing uses the email ability to
send messages in different formats. Nowadays the most popular ones are the
text-based and HTML email messages. Internet email messages consist
of two main sections:
- Header (it is divided onto such fields as sender, etc.) – the data about
- Body – the message itself, sometimes with the signature at the end.
To view your emails you should use email client. There are stand-alone email
clients, which have to be installed on your computer, and email clients that
appear in your internet browser window. Despite of diversity of existing email
clients they all execute four main functions:
- You can see all the emails you have in your inbox by its headers.
- You can select an email to read by its header, and the body of the message
will be shown.
- You can create new messages and send them right in your email client.
- You can add attachment, the restriction sometimes appear in its volume or
Email became very popular way of communication as in society so in business
communities. It is very simple to understand and it solves the problem of
communication the same as usual mail, but time which is spent to send an email
is less then that used to send a simple mail.